Authority of the Directorate of Research and Community Engagements Universitas Indonesia includes:
- Formulate policies and manage the work programs in the field of research and community services
- Arrange master plan for research and community services
- Planning and managing funding and dissemination system of the result of research and community services
- Formulate, develop and manage cooperation in research and community services in university internally and externally
Main assignment of Directorate of Research and Community Services is to formulate policies and also develop and manage research and community services activities in order to realize vision and mission of the university
Functions of Directorate of Research and Community Services are:
- Formulator of concepts, strategies, road map, and operational policies in research and community services in order to create and develop sciences, technology, arts, and cultures and in effort to accelerate nation’s development
- Formulator of quality standard with BPMA, monitoring system and evaluation of research activities, community services, and infrastructure related in Universitas Indonesia
- Formulator of implementation planning of the result of research and community services to be research based education in Universitas Indonesia
- The drafters of the coaching system, development and coordination mechanisms and integration plans and programs in the field of research and community service in the UI
- Responsible for optimizing skill building activities and academic faculty , a group of scientific and research center in the field of research and community service to be able to conduct innovative research taking into account local knowledge and dedication to the community is right on target
- Disseminator of scientific knowledge and promote the result of research and community services done by Universitas Indonesia academicians through the effort to increase the number and the publication quality and scientific activities nationally and internationally
- Responsible for activities to improve cooperation, collaboration and acquisition of research funding and community service both from government agencies , non-governmental, private sector and industry from domestic and abroad
- Responsible for program sustainability of research and community service in accordance with the road map (road map) and long-term plans DRPM UI.
- Policy planning and research activities and community services management in order to develop sciences, and in effort to accelerate nation’s development
- Planning, management, and empowerment of research center, integrated laboratory, and university’s academic clusters.
- Planning and management of community services in effort to overcome public issues and development of domestic industries
- Enhancement of quantity and quality of scientific publication by academicians
- Internationalization of journal, conferences, books, and result of knowledge and technology dissemination
- Enhancement and management of research funding through beneficial cooperation with domestic/international industry, government, and private organizations.
Strategic targets of DRPM UI 2013-2017 are:
- Supports acquiring international accreditation from international accreditation agencies as well as upgrading of the UI in the college ranks in the world through increased integration, excellence and enterprising in the field of research and community service
- Increase the number of international scientific publications that are used as a reference (reference ) to researchers worldwide through increased integration , excellence , and enterprising in the field of research and community service
- Increase the number of intellectual products that are superior and beneficial to improve the welfare of mankind in general and the people of Indonesia in particular , through increased integration , excellence , and enterprising in the field of research and community service .
- Improving the culture and quality of research, community services, and scientific publications Increased achievement of international cooperation.
As a directorate under Vice- Rector for Research, Development and Industrial Cooperation, Directorate of Research and Community Service (DRPM) serve as
- The facilitator of research and community service done by academicians in UI that involves cross- faculty and others outside the university, to maintain the quality and protect the integrity of research activities and community service performed by the UI.
- Management in the implementation of research and community service by academicians UI that involves cross- faculty and outside universities to research resources and UI assets can be utilized judiciously.
- Fostering human resources and university research facilities scattered in various faculties and graduate school.
KPI, Research and Community Service Target are:
1. Number of scientific publication produced
2. Number of international scientific publication indexed
3. Number of research activities and community services
4. Number of cooperated research nationally and internationally
5. Number of allocated budget for research and community services